Photos by Davis Hotard -- Children playing the cast of orphans in Theatre Baton Rouge’s production of the Broadway musical, “Annie,” gathered in the theater’s social room on Thursday, May 29, for a ceremonial shaving of actor Chip Davis’ head. Davis is playing the traditionally bald Daddy Warbucks in the production, which opens Friday, June 6, and runs Thursdays through Sundays until Sunday, June 22.
- Marullo can run for re-election, judge rules — but can he serve?
- Two men shot Friday afternoon near busy CBD street corner
- Ray Nagin’s lawyer says his client is ‘indigent,’ begs off case
- Attorney thinks he has identified second Bourbon Street shooter
- New Orleans sees budget surplus, and other area political news