Officials will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Southern Hotel in Covington Friday at 11 a.m. The hotel will celebrate the 107th anniversary of its original opening date on Saturday with a gala and Champagne reception that will benefit the Covington Boys and Girls Club and Keep Covington Beautiful.
- Top Louisiana health official to those fighting Ebola: Don’t come to Sunday’s conference in New Orleans
- Man shot on Freret Street in New Orleans on Wednesday night
- An Uptown taqueria shows a roots rendition of Mexican cooking, with surprises at dessert, too
- The New York Times charts changes in Louisiana political scene
- Why criminal charges appear unlikely in overlooked I-10 fatalities of young boy, his mother