Officials will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Southern Hotel in Covington Friday at 11 a.m. The hotel will celebrate the 107th anniversary of its original opening date on Saturday with a gala and Champagne reception that will benefit the Covington Boys and Girls Club and Keep Covington Beautiful.
- Saints rookie receiver Brandin Cooks makes steaming early impression
- Fighting intensifies near MH17 disaster site
- Nonprofit website publishes database of city salaries
- Loyola clinic to train lawyers to aid poor, and other news of higher education
- Woman and daughter carjacked in Metairie, and other area police news