Officials will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Southern Hotel in Covington Friday at 11 a.m. The hotel will celebrate the 107th anniversary of its original opening date on Saturday with a gala and Champagne reception that will benefit the Covington Boys and Girls Club and Keep Covington Beautiful.
- Brain-eating amoeba found in St. John Parish water system
- Nonprofit’s former head admits embezzling money
- As city’s new zoning law nears completion, not everyone is satisfied
- Roster Watch, Injury Report for Saints vs. Ravens preseason finale
- Homeless people say they face new eviction threat