Officials will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Southern Hotel in Covington Friday at 11 a.m. The hotel will celebrate the 107th anniversary of its original opening date on Saturday with a gala and Champagne reception that will benefit the Covington Boys and Girls Club and Keep Covington Beautiful.
- Destrehan teacher arrested for alleged sexual contact with student
- Food truck park project finds spot on St. Claude Avenue
- Another bank accused of letting foreclosed homes deteriorate in black neighborhoods
- St. Charles Avenue streetcar line named a National Historic Landmark
- Mary Landrieu and Rob Maness debate in Kenner