Officials will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Southern Hotel in Covington Friday at 11 a.m. The hotel will celebrate the 107th anniversary of its original opening date on Saturday with a gala and Champagne reception that will benefit the Covington Boys and Girls Club and Keep Covington Beautiful.
- Prospect 3 on sound creative, financial footing, art world observers say
- Long-delayed Mandeville road project nearing completion
- No. 1 Rummel edges Jesuit 10-7
- Several armed robberies reported in Terrytown, and other area crime news
- Four robes up for grabs in Orleans Parish Civil District Court