Officials will conduct a ribbon-cutting ceremony for the renovated Southern Hotel in Covington Friday at 11 a.m. The hotel will celebrate the 107th anniversary of its original opening date on Saturday with a gala and Champagne reception that will benefit the Covington Boys and Girls Club and Keep Covington Beautiful.
- Sources: Texas A&M has contacted LSU defensive coordinator John Chavis who hasn't signed Tigers' new deal
- Nearly $1 billion in Katrina, Rita housing aid under scrutiny after recipients don't follow rules
- California lawyer, visiting New Orleans, brutally beaten in CBD
- Rabalais: Jimmy Graham’s goal-line gaffe sums up the Saints’ lost season perfectly
- U.S. Sen. David Vitter to President Obama: I ask that you host a screening of 'The Interview' for all of Congress in the White House next month